Copyright © Devon Shanor Photography | All rights reserved
Many women debate wether they should invest in professional maternity portraits. Some women struggle with body issues, or not feeling beautiful but you are a glowing wonderful women who is creating a human!! How amazing is a woman’s body to grow a tiny human for 9 months?
With that being said, here are a few reasons why you should get maternity portraits!
1. You are growing a tiny little munchkin! It’s hard work but most women even say they feel their best when pregnant. Even if you don’t feel fabulous, you are beautiful and you are creating this little miracle. I may be biased but I can ensure that you’ll feel beautiful after allow me to create some amazing portraits for you.
2. Although it won’t be long before this little addition is added to your family, now is the perfect time to just breathe. Get some family photos of what your family is now before the little one is added. It’s a perfect time to update family portraits but it also reminds you of what this time of your life was like! Portraits trigger emotions and memories. Plus, your children will love to see what mama looked like while carrying them!
3. If this isn’t your first child its a perfect time to involve your munchkins in a maternity shoot! It’s so much fun to see the excitement of the older brother/sisters as they wait on their new sibling! I can capture this happy time in your life!
4. The obvious reason… celebrate EACH OTHER!!! What a perfect time it is to capture this moment with your significant other. You made that tiny human, enjoy the love and happiness that comes with it. You can create amazing portraits showing those emotions!
5. You can get so creative! So many funny, serious and beautiful portraits can be created for you! One family we did a black background and white and black angel wings. We even once had a dad that wanted in on dressing up and got into a maternity gown with his wife!! We also can do the typical gown on the beach or you and your significant other holding your belly etc. We can bring in rainbows if this is a rainbow baby! Theres so much you can do with these sessions!
6. Maternity is the start of your munchkins very fast first year. I actually offer a babies first year program where I capture all the milestones of your childs first year of life.
If you don’t think these are enough, just remember you are absolutely beautiful no matter what is happening to your body. I know that I can help you feel amazing and have fun while we do it!
If you’d like to book a maternity shoot, I would LOVE to help! Contact me today to book!!